Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose




While in London, I saw "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose" by Sargent, which was....well absolutely stunning! My heart just skipped a beat.
One of these (obviously) is a fake reproduction, plucked from somewhere on the internet, for people who want an original painting in their house...
I can now attest to the often heard statement, that it really pays of, to see paintings in real life, instead of from a picture. It's the same with the above painting. The real painting, compared to this picture, is for example much more turcoise/blue and with VERY intense colours.

As of today I'm also for the first time displaying some of my own paintings at an exposition in Utrecht. And I'm really anxious to see if I can sell a few. One of these paintings I've never put on this blog before, so I'll try to do that soon.

3 comments:

david said...

Waar is die tentoonstelling?

Abraham said...

Hee David,

Bij "Schiffers Haarmode" aan de Nachtegaalstraat.
Groetjes

Hugh Brewster said...

I'm the author of a new book for young readers about this painting. Illustrated with Sargent drawings and paintings it appeals to all ages and has had great reviews this fall. I made a recording of the song behind the title of the painting -- since none exists. You can hear it on my website: www.hughbrewster.com
Hugh Brewster