Tuesday, July 17, 2007

'Blogger pause'


It's late in the evening and I'm still working on a paper...so what you see here is my 'blogger pause'..

Today I watched a bit of the movie Casablanca (never seen it before..argh) and Ingrid Bergman seemed somehow so familiar to me..I didn't understand until I realized that she had a striking resemblance to Isabella Rosellini. I later found out Isabella is in fact the daughter of Ingrid. Here are their pictures (top is Ingrid Bergman) and you can really see how much they look alike.

On a further note..having only seen bits and pieces of the movie, I now understand the relevance of those famous taglines you hear in songs every now and then. Taglines like 'Here's looking at you kid!', 'Of all the gin-joints (...) she walks into mine!' or 'We'll always have Paris'. I always like those kind of quotes; when they originate in popular culture and become a common way of expressing feelings.

No comments: